Join Team MCCP and complete the Marathon Run Streak Challenge to support children in their fight against cancer!
Unfortunately, childhood cancer does not let up during a pandemic, and support from community members like you remains as important as ever as we continue to provide care and comfort to local children and families. This year, Team MCCP will complete a Marathon Run Streak Challenge during the month of October in support of Maine’s youngest cancer fighters! While we can't run the Maine Marathon this year, we can stay connected as a community of runners and supporters of MCCP.
What is a “RUN STREAK?” — A commitment to run every day - you choose how, where and when and we’ll provide the inspiration to help you reach your personal running streak goal. And why a "Marathon Run Streak"? Our MCCP Marathon Run Streak will launch on Saturday, October 3rd and finish on Wednesday, October 28th - for a total of 26 days, representing the 26.2 miles in a marathon.
Team MCCP members will commit to complete a mile each day for 26 days in October. You can then share your Marathon Run Steak Challenge fundraising page with family and friends and ask them to sponsor you based on miles run.
- When you say run every day, do you actually mean EVERY DAY? — Yes, we certainly do. What better way to show your support for local children fighting their toughest battles each and every day than running in solidarity with them?
- Can anyone participate? — YES! It’s open to everyone! Whether you’re a regular runner or a brand new runner, it’s the perfect way to stay motivated and run for a reason.
- Can I run more than a mile a day, or consolidate my 26 miles into a few runs in the month? — Hmm, that technically isn’t a run streak, but you do what makes sense!
How to participate:
1. Sign up for the MCCP Marathon Run Streak Challenge here and set up your fundraising page
2. Share your page with family & friends — they can sponsor you by mile, or donate a flat amount
3. Get ready to run and be sure to follow Maine Children's Cancer Program on Facebook and Instagram to see some inspiring stories
4. Start brainstorming run streak outfits, fundraising promos with your friends — because really, it's a mile a day... let's make this fun!
5. All MCCP Marathon Run Streak Challenge finishers get a finisher shirt!
For questions, please reach out to Team MCCP captain, Gretchen Spann — email@example.com
Thank you for taking the MCCP Marathon Run Streak Challenge to benefit our kids and our cause!